Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Operative - Perth
Job Code: AS-SGMO-P-ML
Due to expediential growth in our business, we have an exciting opportunity and are recruiting for a Grounds Maintenance Operative who will be able work as part of a team in the Perth area. The ideal candidate must be able to work alone and as part of a team.
Nurture provides landscape maintenance teams at some of the UK's most prestigious commercial centres as well as some of the most iconic public spaces. Since starting in 2008 we now turnover in excess of £80 million and have over 1400 employees who are building their careers with us. We strive to maintain landscapes to complement both their environment and the character of each venue.
As a Grounds Maintenance Operative, you will be responsible to maintain the grounds at one of our many sites based in Perth. You will play an integral part of the Landscaping Team, you will be expected to operate the required tools and machinery, check the health of plants by identifying pests and/or diseases, strimming, spraying, shrub pruning and general gardening operate required tools and machinery. You must be able to demonstrate an interest in horticultural together with some horticultural skills and experience – ideally from within a similar environment.
- To undertake the full range of grounds maintenance duties as instructed by your line manager
- Horticultural operations including formative pruning for a range of plants, annual seasonal bedding operations, pest & disease control, general grass cutting, watering of trees, shrubs and bedding plants
- Hedge cutting, irrigation, strimming, edge reformation
- Litter picking operations
- Weed control
- To work as part of a team with the aim of ensuring productive and professional relationships within team, with other employees, managers, clients and external agencies
- Ensure hand/power tools and grounds maintenance equipment, machinery and vehicles in your charge are secure, in good working order, carry out routine maintenance and refer major mechanical problems to your line manager
- Empty bins, including bag removal and bag replacement where appropriate and recycle where necessary
- To advise/coach newer or less experienced team members on the job at the request of the line manager
- Undertake regular checking and reporting of the physical infrastructure of the site including paths
- Assist with hard and soft landscaping projects including preparation of ground, paving, simple construction, grubbing out, planting including trees/shrubs and other general landscaping operations where appropriate
- Report other defects/damage regarding the site to a line manager
- Attend staff meetings and specific project meetings
- Participate in on-the-job or other training/development courses to improve ability and effectiveness to carry out duties and completion of training notifications
- Comply with all company and site procedures and regulations
- Ensure an efficient and effective response to incidents/emergencies and maintain effective liaison with colleagues and external services
- Write basic reports on incidents that occur to enable accurate records to be maintained
- Ensure that you observe safety procedures and use safe working practices specifically with regard to COSHH and Risk Assessments, reporting accidents and near misses to your line manager
- To undertake any other duties that may be required within your area of your responsibility.
Skills & Experience
- Passionate about the environment with a keen eye for detail.
- City & Guilds or NVQ Amenity Horticulture Stage I or II, or equivalent
- HND Amenity Horticulture, or equivalent
- RHS General Horticulture, or equivalent
- Spraying Certificates – NPTC PA1 & PA6 preferable, but not essential
- Chainsaw Certificate
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of Corporate and/or Local Authority Grounds Maintenance preferred, but not essential
- Previous experience with using petrol two stroke grass/hedge cutting equipment is preferable, but not essential
- Flexible in approach to work and willing to work outside in all weathers
- A full, clean UK driving licence is required
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary, with annual reviews
- 28 days holiday (inc Bank Holidays)
- Employee contribution pension scheme
- A friendly customer focused team atmosphere
- Training and Development with exciting opportunities to further your career
- Uniform/ PPE provided
- Cycle to work scheme, and access to our Bravo benefits hub
We are looking forward to hearing from you, so register your interest today.
Nurture Landscapes is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications without a CV will not be considered